1. When I was younger I wanted to grow up and be an actress and a Mom. I wrote this in an "about the author" section of the literally hundreds of books and stories I wrote growing up. You'd think I'd catch on an know I really wanted to be an author.
1a. I think I wanted to be famous.
2. Now, when I grow up, I want to be content.
3. I am a sesquipedalian.
4. Of all the household chores, I like cleaning bathrooms the most.
5. For someone who has six siblings, it's amazing that I don't have the ability to tune out background noise and concentrate.
6. I read anything with words, but especially books. Two sometimes three a week. Plus the books on tape I listen to when I "run." Lisa asked me for some of my favorite books from this year. Here goes:
A Midwife's Tale (Laurel Thatcher Ulrich)
The Thirteenth Tale (Diane Setterfield)
The Ladies Auxiliary (Tova Mirvis)
Year of Wonders (Geraldine Brooks)
The Girls (Lori Lansens)
Lottery (Patricia Wood)
The Tipping Point (Malcolm Gladwell)
Framed (Frank Cottrell Boyce)
Love at Goon Park (Deborah Blum)
I'm sure there are more that I can't remember because i need to start writing down what I read. Or at least what I like.
7. Chris thought I was two inches taller until we got engaged.
8. I'm 5'3.
9. I'm one of those sick people who gets extreme pleasure out of watching people eat fattening food that I've prepared.
10. I love painting with Ellie. Especially watercolors.
11. One of my weaknesses is fry sauce.
12. When I grow up I do not want to live like this.
13. I honestly love vegetables--beets, peppers, eggplant, mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, onions, cauliflower. Yum.
14. And fruit--mango, pineapple, peaches, apples, watermelon, all berries.
15. I'm too flighty to watch the same TV show every week.
16. I don't think I'll make it to 30.
17. I love getting people the perfect present. Otherwise, I hate shopping.
18. Except for DollarTree. Fun decorations, kids toys that break and can be thrown away with no guilt, cheap cleaning supplies, and the most adorable wall stickers. All for a dollar!
19. I've been using the last of Chris's men's shampoo because I refuse to buy new shampoo that will leak all over everything when I have to cart it across the country half used up.
20. The age I was when I graduated from college and got married.
21. I'm a goal oriented person, so nothing scares me more than a big, long, empty day with nothing to fill it.
22. The age I was when I had my first baby.
23. I am biologically incapable of closing cupboard doors when i cook.
24. I bump my head on cupboard doors a lot.
25. so does Chris.
26. The age I thoughtI was for the past week. But I'm not. Thank goodness, because that would be a whole year i don't remember.
27. I'd like this desk in black for Christmas please, honey.
28. I lived in the Foreign Language Housing at BYU and spent 2 weeks in Mexico.
29. I gave birth in a triage room.
30. Chris does all sorts of higher level math and works with spreadsheets all the time. The last time I touched a math text was when I got a B- in high school calculus. And yet, I'm in charge of finances. Go figure.
I tag Rachel and Heather W.
6 comments:
Reba, I did the spanish intensive program that takes you Mexico at the end too :)I am glad you're never going to let your garage look like that. I found out with this post that we are a lot alike. (I still have to get you a link to my blog, I'll get on that)
thanks for the book list!!! whoa a triage room huh...i wonder how that was! i'll see ya wed i think!
Highly entertaining. Since I only know you through this blogger world, I always love learning more.
You won't make it to 30? So we are "twinners" (p.s. I cringe over that word...) on numbers 22 and 20. Um, except that I might have been a taaaad bit younger on the marriage part. What were we thinking? :) p.p.s. You look fantastic on Steph's site.
don't you love ikea?
why won't you make it to 30?
i truly heart you.
Oh Reba, 30 things about me? I don't know...but I'll give it a try. Probably just copy the ideas from yours for the most part. See you at book club.
Post a Comment