TIE! Ellie and Moira win for (mostly happily) eating pretzels in the bike trailer:
Wiggling their way into the crawl through tube together. Orginally it was standing up, but I'm a little bit slow on my camera skills:
Nicest Librarian Ever Award
Indisputably goes to Carol, the Bookmobile Librarian, who drove near our house once in the bookmobile and then delivered books I'd put on hold to me at my house the next day. She's below in black: And going to the bookmobile means that we can walk home like this:
It's not living next to a library (my secret dream), but it is definitely the next best thing!
Green Shopping Trip Award
goes to the Orton family for carting their groceries home in bags I made myself from a piece of cheap canvas. It only took me a month to make them. Ellie sewed some of the seams. Next time I think oh, I can sew that, without a pattern, and then make 13 more, I'll think again. But anyway, Environment, here's proof: Best "Good Mail" Award
A three way tie between
Nana's Moira Box: And a letter from Ellie's Fiance, Henry:
(Can you see the princess monster and her chocolate castle? I love Henry, too!)
Also awarded (but not pictured) is the box my mom sent with new bathroom towels, dum dum suckers and 3 yards of blue linen to make a skirt for me (for Jeff's wedding) and sundresses for the girls (with the leftover fabric). Anyone know of some cute online patterns?
Best Front Door Makeover Award
I painted our white front door black and added the wreathe (thanks for the supplies, Mom). In a flash of brilliance, I also thought to acid wash the kickplate with vinegar and use table salt for an abrasive. I guess reading Chris's chemistry trade magazines is paying off. It's so shiny!
Also awarded (although without photographic proof)
The Are They Twins? Award
to Moira and cousin Grace for riding in the double stroller together during a walk to Walmart.
Preschool Diploma
Ellie for her (sniff) last day of the 2007-2008 school year
Smallest Home Cannery Order Award
Me for getting one box of pouches and a single can of dry milk. (oops! probably not worth the three hours it took for me to help everyone else can) So much for building food storage slowly. I think I'll budget for a few months and then go again when I can get more. And maybe get some wheat and rice.
Aunt Chris is My Friend Award
this could be from all of us, but it's specifically from Ellie, for Aunt Chris holding her during a recent tubing expedition. I'd also like to extend the award to the entire Jones family for two great boating trips.
I Jumped the Wake Award
to Chris (my husband, not my aunt) for bravery in wakeboarding during trips with the Jones family.
More Please Award
to Moira for asking a friend at the park nicely for Goldfish.
and finally,
Award for Riding My Bike to the Mailbox and Back Home Again without Screaming, Crying in Frustration, or Falling Over Once
Yay Ellie!
8 comments:
love all your awards! i think the front door is great!
I thought for sure I was in the running for the last award . . .
Your front door turned out really cute! And how do you get the book lady to stop by your house? I see her everywhere but not in our area.
There is always next week Chris
Kate:
I don't know how to get the bookmobile to come closer. There's a schedule on the mid columbia library website, and they list the cross streets and times they come.
Your girls are always so darling and little!! I LOVE your front door--I am always looking and noticing doors--good work!
love it
love it
love it all
i just bought a whole bunch of *green* bags... i should have just paid you to make them. you are a supernatural woman. when i grow up i want to be like you.
i heart your door.
Thanks for the post
Awards is a thing that inspire every one to do something more. Awards are the significance of ones bravery, enthusiast and devotion to work. Do you want to see these awards and want to give to your near and dear. Want to appreciate them then come and visit us at https://www.4thesea.com .
Post a Comment