Monday, August 11, 2008

What did the Mommy tomato say to her lolligaging baby?

KETCHUP (ha ha ha ha ha)

Is it just me, but the longer you don't do something, the less you feel like doing it? I keep coming up with excuses not to write every week, but I do want to have some official memories of this time. So, I guess we'll catch up.

Happenings:

Since last I wrote, we've attended Adam's marriage to Rebeckah, spent a week at the Oregon Coast and watched WAY too much TV because it's too hot to move here. Chris's parents are back in town so we've been enjoying them around. And they watched our girls so we could go on a double date with some friends.

Chris
gets to visit a nuclear power reactor today. I'm a little jealous. He bought a pair of flip flops at the ocean. He also just got an excellent performance review.

Ellie
has drawn her way through five notebooks writing scribbles that look surprisingly like cursive (she calls them lists). She survived (just barely) the shock of coming home from the ocean and now asks only once daily if we can go back.

Moira
has added "yook!"(look) and "watch me!" to her vocabulary. Continues to VERY inconsistently potty train, mostly to get out of taking a nap or sitting still in sacrament meeting.

Reba
Biggest accomplishment--I ran 11 miles with my friend Jessica a week ago. Gorgeous day, pretty consistent 10 minute miles and a big nap afterwards (thanks Chris!). I also spoke in Church yesterday. The nerves of preparing and giving a talk were worth watching Chris wrestle with the girls alone in sacrament meeting. Actually, they were pretty good (at least from my angle)

So now I'm caught up and next time won't be so intimidating.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

11 miles! And you're still alive? Wow. I'm super impressed.

Stephanie Ford said...

I spoke in church yesterday too!

And ditto on the 11 miles.