Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The trouble with my pregnancies

is that by the time I feel comfortable telling people, I'm so darn sick. So then when people tell me congratulations, I wonder why they could possibly think that having a massive stomach flu is a good thing.

Stomach flu so far: 3 and a half weeks.

If past pregnancies are any indication I have 16 1/2 weeks of stomach flu to go.

And if we can survive that, then there are only 14 more weeks until we add another child to our family around May 18th.

I'm sure I'd be more excited if it weren't for the flu thing.

22 comments:

Noelle said...

So sorry to hear about the flu thing! :( But I'm happy for you and your news! I'm about four weeks ahead of you...

Heather said...

That is the dilemma. I've decided that since I show sooner with each pregnancy, it's better to tell people sooner so I can actually get help when I'm really sick.

So sorry the nausea lasts so long for you. Yuck. Once you get past Christmas, you'll only have a little bit left and then all that infant goodness!

Heather said...

Amen... good luck.

::lindsay said...

16 1/2 more weeks! Oh, I'm so sorry!

Megan said...

sorry about that part...much sympathy coming from this direction

Amy said...

sorry... I was one of the "oh, I'm so excited for you!" people... though I have to say I do know how you feel! (and I'm still excited for you...) Ellie and Moira can come over anytime.

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

You are due on my birthday!! I hope you will be surprised with an easier time and lots of help.

Stephanie Ford said...

Ugh, I hate being sick! We have the real stomach flu at our house this week so I guess I should just be grateful that it will end soon! I'm really excited for you though and I wish I could be there to see you at the end of your pregnancy because you were the cutest pregnant person that I have ever seen!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Congrats on the baby, sorry about the sickness. I totally relate (although mine doesn't last nearly so long). The people who lived closest were always first to find out (hard to miss all the sickness), while we were able to keep it a secret for a good long while from family who was far away. Maybe you'll have a boy and the sickness won't last as long...here's hoping!

Rachel said...

I've been wondering if you were pregnant lately. Not that I have a good reason to think so but I keep checking your blog to see if there's an announcement and today was the day! Congrats! Hope the sickness ends very soon!

lisa h. said...

oh my goodness!! congrats on the baby news!! so sorry about being sick...i don't know how you handle that. i hope you have lots of people helping you while you are under the weather. a may baby will be great, something wonderful to look forward to during the cold winter!

Kate said...

please please please call me if you need ANYTHING!! even if it is going to the store to pick something up.
Congrats by the way :)!!!

Carrie said...

Good luck with the sickness . . . and happy May baby! I hope you are blessed with less nausea than the last two!

vanessa said...

Congratulations! I'm due May 15th and this pregnancy is so different from the first two! I was sick all day long for 2 1/2 months and thought that was bad. Sorry you get so sick! Good luck. I'm glad your girls play so well together.

Katherine said...

Hey cool! I mean cool and the baby thing not the sick thing. I agree with Steph, you are very cute when you're pregnant!

R said...

Congrats with #3! I think the sickness (plus sleepless nights) is the thing that deters me the most from pregnancy. Luckily I'm at the end of this one--only 6 more weeks to go!
I have some left over Zofran . . . :)

tharker said...

Congratulations! (sorry about the pukes though. That is NO good.)

jenica said...

i wish i could hold your bucket for you.

and like rachel, i've been waiting for an announcement. so happy that you're adding to your beautiful family.

xoxo

Denise said...

Congrats REba...I have to agree you're super cute pregnant and all the time!

200 days to go!! Sounds like a long time but it will come faster than you know it. Hopefully the cooler weather will help you feel better.

AOlson said...

I was so excited for you when I found out you were expecting again!!! So sorry about the "Stomach flu". Hope you feel better sooner rather than later!!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Like you said, we know you don't feel like hearing this, but Congrats--baby #3 will be great! Hope you are feeling well and can enjoy Halloween with your cute girls.

Dehner Family said...

Congratulations on another baby! We are excited for you guys. I hope you feel better soon. At least you know you're going to have an adorable baby at the end - you guys have the cutest kids!