Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Evening Update

This week we got to have three bottles of pee on our porch. Chris does a bioassay every so often where work checks to see whether or not he's an X-Man (seriously, the metal claws that come out when he's angry aren't enought?). This means that work drops off empty bottles on Monday and then Chris collects his "output" for a few nights and then we leave his liquid offerings on the porch for some lucky somebody to pick up and test for doses of radioactive nucleotides. The process is surprisingly discreet, but it still makes me giggle to think that there's pee on the porch.

Also, Moira got an owie on her mouth and healed it with this bandaid:












Unfortunately, the bandaid bought us less than 10 seconds of silence before she was restored to health and deposited the bandaid on our friend Kim. Moira has been so talkative and "helpful" (think offering to cut raw chicken and shampoo her mother's hair helpful) that Chris and I could have stood to have the bandaid on a little longer. Maybe we'll try some bandaids on our ears.

Finally, here's Ellie with her skis.









I'm not sure where she heard about skis, but she has been dillegently trying to fasten just about any long thing onto her feet for some time. These cardboard ones were far and away the most effective. I'm also impressed that she came up with her own set of Tinker Toy poles. Maybe next winter we'll get her on the slopes.
I've been working on a love affair with my sewing machine. I finished some valances for my room and made a quick maternity skirt that I'm embarassed to take a picture of because when I showed Chris he said. "Oh. That's modest." Not exactly the thrilling compliment I was hoping for.

4 comments:

Amy said...

LOL. Pee on your porch. Sick. I'm sure your skirt turned out great! Honestly, the comment was coming from a man who leaves bottles of pee on his porch.

tharker said...

Just like the old days, except instead of milk bottles on the porch, you have urine! So funny!

Maybe Moira could convince Jake that band-aids are good for the mouth. He could use them once in a while...if ya know what I mean ;)

I am totally impressed with Ellie's ski poles!

And I kind of want to see that skirt...

Brook said...

I love sewing, sometimes. I am not very patient with it. I want to see that skirt. Did you make it from a pattern?

jenica said...

some people put out the welcome mat. i'm just glad to know that i'm welcome to leave a jar of pee on your porch.

oh the prankster in my is swooning with ideas.

xoox