Monday, February 16, 2009

A Whole Lotta Love

Chris was away on dissertation business last week, and the girls and I Valentines'd things up at home.    Ellie's favorite holiday (she says) is Valentine's Day, so, thanks to some fabric from my mom, we were able to deck her out not once but twice--for preschool on Thursday and then again for the big day.  We also made some felt heart hairclips.  And a bunch of kisses roses for her friends.

Chris's trip went well.  He flew into Columbus for about 16 hours and then took off for Tennessee to collaborate with the rest of his nationwide group on his project.  He got a list of contacts for jobs, so it looks like applying for jobs and then interviewing is soon to become his hobby.  

Also, a bit of house love, this last week we hit the one year anniversary of living in this house.  It's the longest we've continually lived in one place during our entire marriage.  Yay.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! The one year mark! I'm so glad you moved here!

::lindsay said...

Cute Valentines outfits! Oh, and congrats on living here for one year.

So Carson and I attempted to do the geography game. Actually I did it first and got an appalling 84% so then I called Carson in and he got a 94% on his first try. Wow...nothing makes you feel more foolish than your 8 year old totally wasting you on a geography game. In my defense, you only had to get a little off the mark and it would say you were wrong and it was really hard when there weren't states to line it up with. (Yeah, and I'm sure your thinking, "Whatever, Lindsay. Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night!)

Lovely Lindsay said...

found you! i'll be back again and again.
++++
we hit our one year mark back in october. fastest year ever. and my house is still not decorated. not cool. =)
love, lindsay