Last week we had friends over for dinner and I was so impressed that their kids (who are not dramatically older than mine) took their dishes to the sink after dinner. And then she said that they actually helped clean up after dinner. Clearly, we could start doing the same.
So, the girls and I spent the morning decorating chore charts to bring a little more order to our evenings:


The chart is divided into a TO DO and a DONE column with morning and evening chores. I'm making magnets with their chores and then they can tangibly move them from one side of the chart to the other--there are two on Moira's right now. I considered using a weekly chore chart (which I think we will move to eventually) but for now, I wanted them to get used to doing things a day at a time and also to have the flexibility to have them take turns with sweeping and wiping off the table, you know, the "fun" chores, as they call them.
1 comment:
Awesome and cute chore charts. I think I might need to put some together for me and Leland (so he sees what actually gets done around the house, hehe).
Post a Comment