Saturday, April 17, 2010

Garden Inventory

I just finished planting eggplants, peppers, beets, broccoli, basil, and brussel sprouts.
The peas are coming up already, no sign of the wax beans Moira picked out (is it bad that secretly I'm relieved?), the lettuce is up like a clover patch and we have itty bitty strawberries growing. I'll add tomatoes in a week or two because I listened to some guy at Walmart who told me it was too early. Not a store employee, just a guy. I'm still deciding if that was a good idea.

While I planted, the girls laid their towels out and set up their rain umbrellas like beach umbrellas. They made a mess in the swimming pool seeing what could float and pretending they weren't trying to splash me. Clark napped for most of it, then pounded on the back screen, demanding access to all the yummy rocks and bark to sample. Moira is still wandering around with no shirt on. I love spring.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

thanks for your sweet comment on my blog--totally made my day.

and incidentally, the Walmart guy was probably right about the tomatoes--you don't want to plant them until after the date of your last frost (here in the Midwest, it's May 15th; I'd just Google it for wherever you live!) Peppers and eggplant are a couple of weeks later. happy planting!