Friday, May 7, 2010

Remember little Ernie

I had all three swings full on our swing set last night while I was trying to stall dinner until Chris got home. Clark was facing backwards so I could push Moira and still make eye contact with him, which meant that Ellie and Moira could play peek-a-boo with him every time their swings passed each other. Needless to say, he was breathless with laughter. And it was such a sweet moment, one of those times where I felt so content and grateful for my life and my blessings; things felt so complete and I thought, I love these three children and I couldn't possibly ever need another.

And then Chris came home and he was joking(?) about having another child and naming him Ernest so that he would be truthful, but calling him Ernie because wasn't Ernie the most awesome name ever? And really, who could forget little Ernie?

People keep asking me "do you think you'll have more?" and I don't know. It's one of those things that I'm coming to peace with: being content either way. Because I feel very complete, but at the same time, who could forget little Ernie?

4 comments:

Heather said...

Can I just say "Amen"? Ok, except for the Ernie part- we wouldn't want to have two Ernie's in nursery or anything like that.

Shellie said...

Should an Ernesta come along, I will be happy to return your girl clothes!

I just figure that I will wait and try to be content until I am sure about something. But then again, I only have one, so can't say I totally know how you feel. Either way, you will figure out what is best for your family.

polka dots said...

love this. don't love the name Ernie. but you're right. it is not easily forgotten.

ps: was he joking about that name?

nattypants said...

Jeremy always wanted a son named Bert. Is this some kind of sign? (maybe that our husbands both have a strange taste in names?) :-)