Friday, June 4, 2010

Bathtub Foam Dolls

A friend posted about some dolls she'd made out of foam for her four year old and they were so adorable (and so much more sturdy than paper!) that I had to try. Ellie sailed through her chores to help me make these foam dolls. Here she is with her creation:

And creating:

Here's what we came up with, or, our closet as the girls say:
I found a link on howaboutorange for the template. I added some length the the dresses and Ellie drew eyes on hers and Moira's. I'm really pleased with how they turned out and the girls looooove them. The bee, raccoon, and frog slay me. Moira has requested a squirrel, too, so I'm sure I'll get out the scissors again soon.

2 comments:

marnae said...

love them..so do my kids. Although they already have a lot..they saw those animal costumes and decided that they needed those too :) Carter has requested a raccoon, panda and "clark." what a cute template you found..much less prone to tear-age then the ones I used. We have lost several heads, and a few arms as well. Good thing they are easy..I am salvaging some mesh from one of Erick's old coats to make a bag to hang them in. Otherwise they are a little tricky to store, unless you want to dry each one off. Glad you made them and that the girls love them!

nattypants said...

I love it! ...What's it mean when 5 year olds craft better than me?