
I "dressed up", too in jeans and my glasses--and looked surprisingly like the mom in the book. :) At the party we had fancy snacks (ok, cookies and fruit with frilly toothpicks), read the books and played fancy games like Pin the Posh on the Puppy and Walk Across the Room with a Beanbag on Your Head. It was fun.
That afternoon was gorgeous, so we played at the waterpark with Henry and his family. Moira toddled along the fountains until she was soaked and Ellie and Henry climbed on the rocks. Also fun.
Tuesday little Moira turned one! Happy Birthday, Moira! Here's my very first photo collage of her eating her cake (well, brownie. I don't really like cake)
Ellie and I melted marshmellows on top for "frosting" and if you take a look at Moira's left hand, you can see that it's mostly made of marshmellow pretty quickly into the cake eating process. We tried to get Moira to put her hands up, but only succeeded in getting her to look up. And then scream. And aren't the decorations fun? Marianne sent them along with Moira's cute present. The decorations were Ellie's favorite part.
Moira also went to the doctor for her well child check--17lbs 10 oz--but the doctor said we could keep the seat facing forward. Phew!
Thursday we visited with our friends Kassie and Katherine and Tommy who are back from Arizona! Yay. Then we came home and had the missionaries for dinner. Well, we had them over for dinner. And served them chili.
Friday the girls and I made these monkeys out of socks. I made the big one first and Moira kept trying to steal it, so then I made a little monkey out of baby socks, you know, for Moira. Guess which one is Ellie's favorite?
Side note: The monkeys are sisters. The big one is called E-e-o-o, and the little one is Fuscia. They both speak monkey.
Saturday we visited Ash Cave at Hocking Hills. It's a beautiful cave that was sandy at the bottom. The girls really enjoyed making sand angels and eating sand. We're still cleaning up. We went for a bit of a walk to find a letterbox and Ellie walked all the way there and part of the way back. She had a walking stick that she used to spear leaves and protect us from bad guys. Also, no one got attacked by poison ivy.
In other news, I think we rooted out and distroyed the odd smell in our kitchen (good news), but Moira is sick and just threw up on me.

3 comments:
I'm glad that cord finally turned up!!!!
i can't belive she is 1! happy birthday!
cute pics!
how do you do those pic collages? i've always wanted to do that.
i love the monkeys. you are the coolest mom.
i just got new glasses. and i look decidedly more like you with them on... making me look decidedly more like a 4th runner up to a city we won't name...
Post a Comment