hm . . .
maybe I should get out the camera and see what pictures we have . . .
ok, inspiration.
This is the view from our house on Wednesday night:
We went for a nice long bike ride yesterday with the girls in the bike trailer. It was a nice cool day but with plenty of sunshine and the girls stayed (mostly) happy while we rode over the freeway and to a playground that was Ellie's favorite the summer she turned two. Almost two year old Moira loved it just as much as Ellie did.
What else? Chris got a raise. We were pleasantly surprised because he wasn't supposed to until after he finishes his dissertation, but he did so well on his performance review that they compensated him. Yay, Chris.
Moira learned how to climb the rock wall at our park all by herself--yay! She's such a personality suddenly, teasing Ellie and then watching out to make sure that everyone has a bike helmet and a drink and a snack.
We continue to try to get Ellie to stop asking questions (why is the sun? How does grass get green? When does an earthquake happen?) by using the biggest words we know. As a result, she now talks about combustion, photosynthesis, and subduction zones.
I've been working on a new blog as part of my calling as stake public affairs committee member. I'm so excited to give members (and others) a place where they can find ideas for Eagle projects, youth activities, family and individual service in our area.
It's starting to feel like home here. Not completely, but we're closer. At least, we have library fines and callings and two friends invited Ellie to come over and play. So, I guess that is home. For the past 4 years during August we shove everything we own into our car and drive somewhere else for school. It's both a relief and a sadness not to be going somewhere, to a new adventure. But I'm starting to feel like there are adventures to be had here and THAT feels like home.
4 comments:
Ellie and Henry were made for each other. We get the same questions from Henry all the time. I can just see Ellie explaining photosythesis to Henry.
i'm itching to move.
glad you are feeling at home. And gosh, if having library fees helps with the at homeness then we have lived here forever!!! Beautiful sunset. Sounds like life is fun with those darling girls of yours!
Wa-hoo for raises! Congrats! I guess we need a job before there's hope for a raise. . .hmmm. . .we'll have to work on that.
Post a Comment